COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pelican project continues



Last night I was able to capture more lights for the target.
Now there is 18 x 1200s H-alpha filteret light, Six hours.
I place here a small preview gropped from the image.
-
Next I'll shoot O-III and S-II channels for the color image,
Weather doesn't look too good now though.
-
Camera QHY9,
Optics Meade LX200 GPS 12" forced to @ f4.65
Guiding with SXV-AO active optics unit 11Hz
Filter Baader H-alpha 7nm Exposures 18x1200 s.

2 comments:

Pelican Cases said...

I love every picture that I have seen posted on this blog. The beauty of the skies caught on camera and in my favorite style, black and white. I have only gotten to look at the stars in such a way, once. In the desert I was able to see the milky way, Andromeda, and tons of other stars and constellations. I am amazed by the quality in your pictures and I look forward to seeing more in the future. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

J-P Metsavainio said...

It's good to hear you like my
addict... eh, hobby.

The camera is a cooled B&W one, as astro cameras usually are, doe the extra sensitivity.
Color images are made by imaging evcery color through different filter.

There is something in Grayscale images, than no color one can reach.

Best regards,
J-P Metsavainio