All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Vieraile portfoliossani

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sh2-240, Supernova remnant as a Stereo Pair

Two versions, first for the Parallel Vision method and the second
for the Cross Vision method.
Viewing istructions, please, look for thr Right hand side menu.
Original image and imaging data cna be found here:


Kit said...

Thank you for posting these wonderful 3d images! I find the cross view technique easy for me. I don't understand how you were able to make the images from 2d but I don't need to. I wish that the STEREO spacecraft project would post some images in this format. I suppose that are keeping their data "secret" as long as they can...

J-P Metsävainio said...

Thanks a lot!
This kind of feedback is very important to me.
I'm not familar with "Stereo spacecraft project" though.
I'll try to google it down later.


Anonymous said...

KIT: The STEREO spacecraft is something entirely different, it is designed as a solar observatory and cannot "see" nebula.

Example images are shown at

Data of STERO is of course not "secret", but can be obtained almost in realtime from